Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Remembering...

Tonight I am thinking about a friend that died 1 year ago tomorrow. We are getting together with friends tomorrow night to raise a glass to her. It is so odd because she was one of Michael's co-workers so that is the level of friend she was...we did some lunches and such but we weren't close close. And yet I don't go just a few days without thinking of her. I have been thinking of her a lot today of course.

I joined a yahoogroup this week and it has been really negative so far and I am very disappointed. Then there has been a lot of negativity toward others in blogs lately too. I just feel like everyone needs to maybe take a few breathes and really look at what is important in the world. Our friend's parents lost their only child last year. They will never see her get married or have kids. We had another friend lose her 14th month old child recently....the pain of that...losing your child...knowing he will never see his 2nd birthday or have his first day of school or just be with his parents and in their arms. I just guess there are a lot more important things in this world then being so negative and intolerant towards others.

I am very thankful for the life I have with Michael and I hope I get many days with him... enjoying each other and living our lives. It is the wonderful thing about life it is exciting and full of so many possibilities - we are here to explore and discover all that life can give us.

No comments: